Please note: We are not taking any further speaking requests for John Piper for 2012 and 2013.
Thank you for your inquiry into Pastor Piper's availability to speak at your gathering. It is an honor that you would desire that Pastor Piper speak at your event.
Please be aware of the following issues when placing an invitation to Pastor Piper:
- Pastor Piper's speaking committee is unable to accept speaking invitations that will require him to travel or speak on Friday through Monday. Unfortunately, this means that we are unable to accept any weekend requests.
- In light of his full-time pastoral responsibilities and limited speaking availability, the council of elders of Bethlehem Baptist Church has encouraged the speaking committee to accept invitations for events that will have the furthest reaching impact. Therefore, we are unable to accept any single-church events at this time.
- Also, please be aware that with four annual domestic conferences hosted by Desiring God (Pastors Conference, National Conference, and two Regional Conferences), we are accepting fewer and fewer invitations. Unfortunately, we must decline the vast majority of speaking requests.
If you still wish to submit an invitation, please put your invitation in writing and answer the following questions. Inquiries are reviewed and decided upon by the speaking committee.
General Event Information
- Who will sponsor the event?
- What is the vision and purpose?
- What is the doctrinal stance that under girds your event?
- What are the precise dates, including the year? (Without precise dates the Speaking Engagement Committee will not consider your request.)
- How many times would you like Dr. Piper to speak?
- How long should he plan to speak for each message?
- What will be the event schedule (precise times of day Dr. Piper will speak)?
- Will you provide Desiring God with a master-quality audio and video recording (if applicable) of Dr. Piper's talks to use at DG's discretion?
- Who will the listeners be?
- How many listeners do you expect to attend?
- How many different churches will be represented?
Location / Travel Information
- Where is the location of the event?
- What airport would Dr. Piper fly into?
- What is the travel time from the airport to the event location?
- When do you expect Dr. Piper to arrive at your location?
- When will Dr. Piper be available to return to Minneapolis?
- Will you be covering all of Dr. Piper’s travel expenses?
- Would you consider covering the travel expenses for either Dr. Piper’s wife (Noël) or a male assistant to accompany him to your event?
- Will you be providing Dr. Piper (and any accompanying him) transportation from and to the airport? If possible, please provide contact information to be posted on our web site for the general public interested in hearing Dr. Piper speak:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Website address
- Would you allow Desiring God (DG) to set up a table display and offer free resources to your listeners? Would you also allow tables from The Bethlehem Institute (TBI) and/or Children Desiring God (CDG)?
- Will you be arranging for Dr. Piper’s books and audio recordings to be available for those attending your event? Please describe. Indicate if you would prefer DG to provide this service.
Thank you for providing this information. It will be a great help as we prayerfully consider your invitation. May the Lord be our Guide and regardless of our involvement, may He bless your event and cause you to bear much fruit.