We are joyfully committed to helping people everywhere understand and embrace the truth that God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in him. To that end, we seek to produce and distribute resources that spread a passion for the supremacy of God in all things for the joy of all peoples through Jesus Christ.
Desiring God exists to spread . . .
Communicating our passion in a way that convinces, convicts and energizes by way of the written and spoken word. Through education and motivation we equip the church to reach unreached peoples and new populations of Americans, as well as awaken man-centered churches, through
- Spoken Word (preaching and teaching audio and video)
- Written Word (books, blogs, articles and sermon manuscripts)
- Creative and provocative ads
a passion . . .
Demonstrating the worth of Christ our Treasure by
- Bringing the head and heart together
- Showing that good theology feeds the affections rather than starves them
- Speaking, writing, caring for others, and doing everything else in a way that shows we love Christ
for the supremacy of God . . .
Winning people to the Creator and weaning them off of an inordinate love for the world by helping them see
- God is God and there is no other
- From him and to him and through him are all things
- God values most what is the most valuable—himself
- We need God, but he doesn't need us
- God would still be glorious even if he had never created us or anything
- All media, education, science, and business is superficial when God is omitted
in all things . . .
Making God the issue in every issue is crucial because
- All things get their final meaning from being made by and for God
- All things are held in being by the word of his power
for the joy . . .
We are blood-earnest about being happy in God because
- The greatest joy comes when God is supreme in our affections
- Joy glorifies God
- Joy is not superficial or a stranger to sorrow: we are, as Paul said, "sorrowful yet always rejoicing"
of all peoples . . .
We believe this truth is for all peoples because we
- Believe the Great Commission matters
- Love people and desire to see the church planted among all peoples near and far
- Believe racial diversity and harmony in Christ is a God-glorifying reality to pursue
. . . through Jesus Christ.
When we say God, we always have Jesus Christ in mind as the exact image of the Father and the radiance of his glory.
- All authority on heaven and earth has been given to Jesus Christ
- All joy will flow finally from seeing and being with him
What we sell, what we give, and why
Read "Money, Markets, and Ministry" to learn more about how we seek to keep the gospel free and finance our mission.