Jerry Bridges on the Spiritual Disciplines
Here at the outset of 2013, in the midst of so many vain resolutions, perhaps God would be pleased to do a fresh work of grace in your life. Maybe he would give you some “resolve for good” (2 Thessalonians 1:11) that he would be pleased to empower and sustain and use as a means for continued flourishing, or some new spiritual thriving, in your life.
To that end, we enlisted none other than Jerry Bridges. Just last month he joined us at the Desiring God offices, and we had the opportunity to talk briefly about the Christian spiritual disciplines — or means of grace, as Jerry prefers. This conversation is especially relevant here at the beginning of 2013 with so many new Bible-reading and prayer plans in the offing.
More episodes of Theology Refresh:
- John Piper on the God-Centeredness of God
- Francis Chan on the Sovereignty of God
- David Platt on Hell and Suffering
- Don Carson on the Wrath of God and the Incarnation
- Russell Moore on Ethics and the Person of Christ
- Zane Pratt on Islam
- Tope Koleoso on Spiritual Warfare
- Ann Voskamp on Gratitude
To subscribe or see the full list of over 40 episodes, visit Theology Refresh in the iTunes store