Session 2, Crawford Loritts on "Lessons Learned from His Father" —
- "Greatness is not pop or fad. Greatness has a staying power."
- "Manhood is not a private matter. It is a public thing. A man aspires to be the desired destination at which others arrive."
- "This summarizes my dad: Stepping up, never walking away, if it belongs to you, you do something with it."
- "There is a correlation between being a man and keeping promises."
- "Every child is born with two broad categories of emotional need: nurture and discipline."
- "Manhood is imprinted."
- "Our disproportionate desire for relevance is injecting embalming fluid into the next generation."
- "Out of struggle comes strength; out of strength comes discipline; out of discipline comes integrity; out of integrity comes inheritance."
- "How people treat you should never define you. It's not what people call you, but what you answer to."
- "All we have to give to the next generation is what we have become."
- "You don't produce the fruit of the Spirit. It is the fruit of the Spirit."
- "Repent of wallowing in our self pity and deifying our disfunction. Yield. 'God, I can't do this. Help me!' Believe him."
Next message: Tuesday at 11:30AM (EST); Darrin Patrick on "Being and Building Men for the Local Mission." (desiringgod.org/live)