Love God with Your Mind
John Piper’s latest book, Think, challenges readers to use their minds for the glory of God and in service to others. We love the message of Think, as it matches the heartbeat of Crossway’s ministry, where we strive to publish books that challenge, encourage, and strengthen the church.
Below are a few classics and some newer resources you may not be aware of—books that we believe will serve you as a thoughtful Christian.
- A Francis A. Schaeffer Trilogy: Three Essential Books in One Volume: Including The God Who Is There, Escape from Reason, and He is There and He Is Not Silent, Francis Schaeffer’s theological trilogy engages contemporary cultural and worldview issues while rooting readers in biblical truth. Schaeffer considered these three books foundational to his life’s work.
- Total Truth: Liberating Christianity from Its Cultural Captivity: Nancy Pearcey’s analysis of culture argues that Christianity holds truth for all areas of life, not just religion. From the best-selling coauthor of How Now Shall We Live?
- The Gospel and the Mind: Recovering and Shaping the Intellectual Life: Bradley Green presents the gospel as the necessary precondition for and enduring foundation of a meaningful intellectual life. This book is a paradigm-shifting declaration that the life of the mind begins at the cross.
- Defending Your Faith: An Introduction to Apologetics: R. C. Sproul is one of the preeminent pastors, theologians, and statesmen of his generation. His wisdom, clarity, and experience from years of ministry shine through in this logical, biblical defense of the Christian faith.
- Rethinking Worldview: Learning to Think, Live, and Speak in This World: Our worldviews color everything—our actions, our perceptions, and our beliefs. J. Mark Bertrand offers this book as a guide to thinking critically about worldviews and their connection to wisdom and faith.