Pastor John lists nine privileges of Israel that Paul describes in Romans 9:4-5, followed by three implications of what they mean for us now:
- They are Israelites
- and to them belong the adoption
- the glory
- the covenants
- the giving of the law
- the worship
- To them belong the patriarchs
- and the promises
- and from their race, according to the flesh, is the Christ who is God over all, blessed forever. Amen.
- These privileges belong fully and savingly to an elect remnant of Israel now.
- These privileges will belong fully and savingly to all ethnic Israel at some future time.
- These privileges belong to all Gentiles who trust Christ and are grafted into the true Israel by faith.
Read or listen to the entire sermon, How Great Is the Honor of Israel?
Recent posts from "Piper's Pen" —