The New “Bethlehem Star” Is Rising
First Bethlehem Star Newsletter
The new Bethlehem Star is rising "for the advancement and joy of your faith." If God wills it will rise every week. Why?
Because without it the congregation cannot be adequately informed about:
- Plans, expectations, burdens, convictions and challenges of the pastors;
- What to expect in the services on Sunday;
- What is happening during the week at church;
- What decisions are being made by the various boards and committees;
- Special needs that people have, both for prayer and other kinds of help;
- Who our new members are;
- Address and phone changes among our members;
- The latest developments in our missionaries' lives;
- What is happening in the Baptist General Conference;
When Jesus said, "Don't let your right hand know what your left hand is doing (Matthew 6:3), he was not giving instructions on how the members of the body of Christ should relate to each other. He was saying, "when you give alms toot your horn so softly that it can't even be heard an arm's length away" (see Matthew 6:2-4).
But in the body of Christ the eye has to communicate with the foot, or the whole body will stumble over the log. "We are one body in Christ and individually members one of another" (Romans 12:5). Therefore we must communicate with each other.
When the body functions smoothly, with each member getting and having all the input it needs, then the ministry will flourish and all that happens will be "for the advancement and joy of your faith."
©2015 Desiring God Foundation. Used by Permission.
Share the Joy!: You are permitted and encouraged to reproduce and distribute this material in physical form, in its entirety or in unaltered excerpts, as long as you do not charge a fee. For posting online, please use only unaltered excerpts (not the content in its entirety) and provide a hyperlink to this page. For videos, please embed from the original source. Any exceptions to the above must be approved by Desiring God.
Please include the following statement on any distributed copy: By John Piper. ©2015 Desiring God Foundation. Website: desiringGod.org