What about those hungry fellows who promised not to eat till they ambushed Paul?
We read about them in Acts 23:12, “When it was day, the Jews made a plot and bound themselves by an oath neither to eat nor drink till they had killed Paul.” It didn’t work. Why? Because a string of unlikely events happened.
- A boy over heard the plot.
- The boy was the son of Paul’s sister.
- The boy had the courage to go to the Roman centurion guarding Paul.
- The centurion took him seriously and brought him to the Tribune.
- The Tribune believed him and prepared “two hundred soldiers, with seventy horsemen and two hundred spearmen” to take Paul to safet…