Many parents are brokenhearted and completely baffled by their unbelieving son or daughter. They have no clue why the child they raised well is making such awful, destructive decisions. I’ve never been one of these parents, but I have been one of these sons. Reflecting back on that experience, I offer these suggestions to help you reach out to your wayward child.
- Point them to Christ.
- Acknowledge that something is wrong.
- Don’t expect them to be Christ-like.
- Welcome them home.
- Plead with them more than you rebuke them.
- Connect them to believers who have better access to them.
- Respect their friends.
- Email them.
- Take them to lunch.
- Take an interest in their pursuits.
- Point them to Christ. (reprise)
Read the full article.