Andrew Fuller Biography (Free eBook)
In October of 1792 the Baptist Missionary Society was formed in the home of Andrew Fuller. For the next twenty-one years Fuller served as the leader of this organization, raising funds, writing periodicals, recruiting missionaries, and sending personal letters to those on the frontlines.
He fulfilled his promise to the great missionary William Carey, who upon his trip to the unknown world of India, looked at the small band of brothers around him and said, as it were, "Well, I will go down, if you will hold the rope." Andrew Fuller held the rope. Suffering the loss of his first wife, and eight of their eleven children, Fuller persevered in the midst of severe affliction and overwhelming responsibilities. He longed for unreached peoples to hear the gospel and championed the important (but often overlooked) foundation of doctrinal clarity.
For these reasons and more, John Piper delivered a biographical message on Andrew Fuller at the 2007 Conference for Pastors. Standing as the emblematic "rope holder," Fuller's life is once again put on display for our encouragement and example in this new ebook, Andrew Fuller: I Will Go Down If You Will Hold the Rope!
How do we give our lives to world missions if we feel called to stay in our homeland? How do we breathe the air of the world's lostness without living among unreached peoples? How do we grasp the importance of doctrine in fulfilling the missionary cause? ...
Read Andrew Fuller.
- Download ebook as a PDF file.
- Download ebook as an EPUB file formatted for readers like the Nook, Sony Reader, and Apple iBooks (iPad, iPhone, iPod).
- Download ebook as a MOBI file formatted for Kindle applications (this option works well on some mobile devices, and not so well on others).
Note: To load the ebook on a mobile device it may be necessary to view this blog post from within your device and then to click the download option.
Biography eBooks in the Missions Series:
- David Brainerd: May I Never Loiter On My Heavenly Journey!
- Andrew Fuller: I Will Go Down If You Will Hold the Rope!
- Adoniram Judson: How Few There Are Who Die So Hard!
- John G. Paton: You Will Be Eaten By Cannibals!
Sign up to receive a daily digest of the Desiring God Blog.