David Platt on the Doctrine of Hell
The doctrine of hell is important — and extremely unpopular.
In this episode of Theology Refresh, David Platt talks about the priority of God's word as we approach this doctrine and faithfully serve the gospel in light of its reality.
Platt explains that hell is the manifestation that our sin against an infinitely holy God warrants infinitely eternal punishment. Moreover, when we minimize the reality of hell, we actually malign the mercy of God — because central to the fact of hell is that it is escapable. Jesus has endured the wrath of God on our behalf so that all who trust in him will be delivered from God's wrath and brought into fellowship with him forever.
Stream or download the 13-minute audio.
More episodes of Theology Refresh:
- John Piper on the God-Centeredness of God
- Francis Chan on the Sovereignty of God
- David Platt on Suffering
- Don Carson on the Wrath of God and the Incarnation
- Russell Moore on Ethics and the Person of Christ
- R W Glenn on Grace and the Fatherhood of God
- Zane Pratt on Islam
- Tullian Tchividjian on Regeneration
- Tope Koleoso on Spiritual Warfare
- Ann Voskamp on Gratitude
- Jerry Bridges on the Christian Spiritual Disciplines
To subscribe or see the full list of over 40 episodes, visit Theology Refresh in the iTunes store
Sign up to receive a daily digest of the Desiring God Blog.