Five Lectures from John Piper on World Evangelism
Matthew 24:12-14 gives us the juxtaposition of two surprising things:
- the love of many will grow cold (v. 12),
- and the gospel of the kingdom will be preached to all peoples (v. 14).
The end of the age will be a giant glacier of lovelessness, but the gospel will also advance. This implies that someone's love hasn't grown cold. Someone is taking the gospel to the unengaged and unreached. There will be a band of someones who will finish the mission. And then the end will come.
This was John Piper's introduction to a series of lectures on world evangelism given at Westminster Theological Seminary in 1994. The content features the biblical and theological foundations to God's sovereignty in the mission of the church, including practical implications for how we join the mission.
Stream or download the lectures:
- The Supremacy of God in World Evangelism (Part 1)
- The Supremacy of God in World Evangelism (Part 2)
- The Supremacy of God in World Evangelism (Part 3)
- The Supremacy of God in World Evangelism: Q & A
- The Pastorate and World Evangelism
Recent posts from "Expository Exultation" —
- John Piper on 9/11
- Why It's Important to Know Your Sin
- The Providence of God: Ten-Part Course from John Piper
Sign up to receive a daily digest of the Desiring God Blog.