Desiring God is seeking an experienced front-end developer to join our web team on-site in Minneapolis. This person will work together with the director of marketing and lead web developer to develop the Desiring God website.
The ideal candidate will . . .
- Appreciate that web standards, accessibility, and usability are essential to uphold.
- Find joy in taking flat design comps and making them interactive interfaces.
- Have intermediate-level skills with XHTML, CSS, Photoshop, and Illustrator that are rooted in best practices, validation, testing, compatibility, and performance.
- Keep up with forward-focused technology (CSS3, HTML5, latest CMS versions, APIs, OpenID, semantics, microformats).
- Generally have experience with server-side code such as PHP or Ruby on Rails and enjoy learning more from the development team.
- Have unparalleled attention to detail when maintaining the sanctity of original designs.
- Provide reliable ballpark estimates for front-end tasks/deliverables.
- Enjoy variety in their work, but remain committed to projects that take weeks of focused effort to complete.
Qualified candidates will joyfully agree to Desiring God's Affirmation of Faith, as well as embrace the vision of John Piper's book Desiring God. To learn more about the requirements for this position, or to apply, please send Josh Etter an email with your resume.