How to Attend a Conference
Speaking of our upcoming National Conference, John Piper explains,
What we're really after is to know God better, and love him more, and serve him more fully, not just to get away and hear some more talk.
To this end, he offers four ways to maximize the effectiveness of a conference in your life:
Four ways to maximize the effectiveness of a conference:
- Read the Bible and other books related to the conference theme, then form questions.
- Ask God to help you see new things and feel new affections.
- Fellowship with other conference attenders.
- Nurture a message's impact by having a time of quiet solitude.
Recent posts related to our National Conference:
- What It Means to "Act the Miracle" (David Mathis)
- How Does Physical Exercise Relate to Sanctification? (Piper and Glenn)
- The Sanctifying Job (Carolyn McCulley)
Sign up to receive a daily digest of the Desiring God Blog.