Living with Disability: 13 Reasons for Hope
Disability is real and difficult. This is true. The recent "Works of God" conference featured several voices who met in agreement on this point. But they also agreed that God is sovereign and good.
This truth was seen most vividly in Krista Horning's unforgettable testimony. While each message expounded key biblical texts and their relevance to disability, Krista modeled it as she described what God says to her over and against the lies of disability.
She shared, from memory, 13 beautiful things God tells her:
- God tells me he is in control of everything, even my disability (Exodus 4:11).
- God tells me I'm not alone (Isaiah 43:1–3).
- God tells me he will always help me (Psalm 121:1–8).
- God tells me he has called me for his purpose (Romans 8:28).
- God tells me nothing in this world is better than knowing him (Philippians 3:8–11, 14; 1 Samuel 16:7).
- God tells me he gave his only Son for my sins(Isaiah 53:3–5).
- God tells me he has a good plan for my life (Jeremiah 29:11).
- God tells me he is changing me to be more like him (2 Corinthians 3:18).
- God tells me nothing can separate me from his love (Romans 8:38–39).
- God tells me his grace is enough (2 Corinthians 12:9–10).
- God tells me I have hope (Romans 5:3–4, 8).
- God tells me he is good (Psalm 34:8).
- God tells me that this life is short, but I'll live forever with him (2 Corinthians 4:7,16–18).
Stream or download Krista's testimony.
Sign up to receive a daily digest of new articles from Desiring God.