Pastoring with Vision, Creativity, and Courage: Quotes from Ramez Atallah
Session 6, Ramez Atallah on "Pastoring with Vision, Creativity, and Courage in Hard Places" —
- "Obligated, eager and not ashamed. These should characterize a church with the gospel."
- "A Christian leader has to have a vision — he must see things other people don't see and empower them to capture it and incarnate it."
- "When I came to understand the gospel for the first time, I knew that this was what my peopled needed."
- "What approach would not threaten the Egyptian Orthodox church? Answer: Inductive Bible study: Observe, understand, and apply the text."
- "Effective leaders should have vision which empowers others."
- "Trust in God's sovereignty gives meaning to even failtures."
- "Creavitiy which transforms obstacles into opportunities."
- "Faith respects people who are eccentric and marginal."
- "Humility allows us to be mission oriented, rather than gift oriented."
Next message: Wednesday at 11:30AM (EST); Speaker panel with Ramez Atallah, Crawford Loritts, Darrin Patrick, Doug Wilson, and Darrin Patrick. (desiringgod.org/live)
Sign up to receive a daily digest of the Desiring God Blog.