Pastors, Lead Your People in Personal Holiness
Pastor John in 1984:
Now let's see what we can learn from this text about the way a pastor should preach in order to help his people make progress in practical holiness. I'll only mention four things briefly. These are not the only way to preach practical holiness. Nor must every sermon include them all. But in your overall ministry of the word I believe these should have a large place. . . .
- Teach your people to know God.
- Exhort your people to practical holiness.
- Put one and two together and help your people see all their life in relation to God.
- Warn the people of God's vengeance.
Read the entire sermon, Preaching Practical Holiness.
Recent posts from "Piper's Pen" —
- How to Lead in Making Major Decisions
- More on the Celebrity Factor — "Hero Worship and Holy Emulation
- Cherish Your Union with Christ
Sign up to receive a daily digest of the Desiring God Blog.