Pray and Ponder Yourself into Sync with Paul’s Sense of Wealth
When the apostle Paul thinks about “wealth” or “riches” what springs to his mind? What should spring to ours? Where should our efforts at enrichment be invested?
Here are all the uses of Paul’s favorite word for “riches” (ploutos). Taste and see what he lives for.
- The riches of God’s kindness and forbearance and patience. (Romans 2:4)
- The riches of God’s glory for vessels of mercy. (Romans 9:23)
- The riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! (Romans 11:33)
- A wealth of generosity on their part. (2 Corinthians 8:2)
- The riches of God’s grace. (Ephesians 1:7)
- The riches of God’s glorious inheritance in the saints. (Ephesians 1:18)
- The immeasurable riches of God’s grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. (Ephesians 2:7)
- The unsearchable riches of Christ. (Ephesians 3:8)
- The riches of God’s glory. (Ephesians 3:16)
- God’s riches in glory in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19)
- The riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory. (Colossians 1:27)
- The riches of full assurance of understanding and the knowledge of God’s mystery, which is Christ. (Colossians 2:2)
- The rich in this present age, charge them not to be haughty, nor to set their hopes on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly provides us with everything to enjoy. (1 Timothy 6:17)
Recent posts from John Piper —
- Read Your Bible More and More
- Desiring God's Younger Cousin
- The Stupendous Reality of Being "in Christ Jesus"
Sign up to receive a daily digest of the Desiring God Blog.