The Many Motivators for Personal Holiness
The Lord has given his children a variety of motivations for how and why we pursue personal holiness, a point that Kevin DeYoung makes in our recent discussion over his new book The Hole in Our Holiness: Filling the Gap Between Gospel Passion and the Pursuit of Godliness (Crossway, 2012). I began by asking Kevin about one model of sanctification that builds almost exclusively from justification in this 4-minute clip:
Kevin DeYoung is a plenary speaker at our National Conference (coming up later this week). Visit the event page to learn more and register while there’s still time.
Here’s a full list of clips from our 7-part interview series with Kevin DeYoung on The Hole In Our Holiness —
- What’s the Hole in Our Holiness?
- My Sanctification in Redemptive History
- The Imitation of Christ
- The Most Neglected Theme in Sanctification
- The Many Motivators For Personal Holiness
- Extraordinary Holiness Through Four Ordinary Means
- How Far Is Too Far Before Marriage?
Sign up to receive a daily digest of the Desiring God Blog.