Last weekend was John Piper’s “Why We Believe the Bible” seminar for The Bethlehem Institute. Several in attendance asked that we make a few booklists available that Pastor Piper referred to during the seminar.
There are 3 categories:
- The formation of the canon
- The reliability of the New Testament
- Refuting the claims of some recent critics
We disagree with some of these scholars on other points of doctrine, however their work on the Bible makes us profoundly thankful for them.
The Canon of the New Testament
- Bruce, F. F. The Canon of Scripture
- Geisler, Norman and William Nix. A General Introduction to the Bible. Chicago: Moody, 1986.
- Harris, R. Laird. Inspirat…