Doug Wilson on Leading in the Home
Jesus Chooses and Uses Failures
“Simon, son of John, do you love me?”
Peter was grieved. Sitting on the beach after breakfast, Jesus had just asked him for the third time if he loved him. Peter had already wholeheartedly answered yes twice. What else was…Continue Reading
Psalm 119: The Life-Giving Power of the Word
My soul clings to the dust; give me life according to your word!
Have you ever felt something of a schizophrenic relationship to the Bible? At times our hearts are alive to the word of God, while at…Continue Reading
When God Speaks to Us
The Bible is clear. While we can't exhaustively comprehend it all, the divine authorial intention communicated through the human authors is suffuciently clear for all purposes of salvation (WCF 1.7).
But why is Scripture clear? Here's one of the most…Continue Reading
Similarities and Distinct Emphases of John Piper and Doug Wilson
Pastoring with Vision, Creativity, and Courage: Quotes from Ramez Atallah
Session 6, Ramez Atallah on "Pastoring with Vision, Creativity, and Courage in Hard Places" —
- "Obligated, eager and not ashamed. These should characterize a church with the gospel."
- "A Christian leader has to have a vision — he must see…
Leading the Church: Quotes from Doug Wilson
Session 5, Doug Wilson on "Father Hunger" in Leading the Church —
- "Remember the good newsness of the gospel. The gospel is outside of us. It is for us, but is external to us."
- "We must always remember the gospel…
Biographical Sketch of J. C. Ryle: Manuscript from John Piper
Session 4, John Piper's biographical sketch of J. C. Ryle —
Read the entire manuscript of the message:
"The Frank and Manly Mr. Ryle" — The Value of a Masculine Ministry"
The audio and video will be posted on Friday.Continue Reading
Being and Building Men for the Local Mission: Quotes from Darrin Patrick
Session 3, Darrin Patrick on "Being and Building Men for the Local Mission" —
- "When you become a leader of men, you plug your life into an ampiflier and everyone hears it."
- "There's nothing more destructive for people who are…