Pastoring with Vision, Creativity, and Courage: Quotes from Ramez Atallah
Session 6, Ramez Atallah on "Pastoring with Vision, Creativity, and Courage in Hard Places" —
- "Obligated, eager and not ashamed. These should characterize a church with the gospel."
- "A Christian leader has to have a vision — he must see…
Biographical Sketch of J. C. Ryle: Manuscript from John Piper
Session 4, John Piper's biographical sketch of J. C. Ryle —
Read the entire manuscript of the message:
"The Frank and Manly Mr. Ryle" — The Value of a Masculine Ministry"
The audio and video will be posted on Friday.Continue Reading
Leading the Church: Quotes from Doug Wilson
Session 5, Doug Wilson on "Father Hunger" in Leading the Church —
- "Remember the good newsness of the gospel. The gospel is outside of us. It is for us, but is external to us."
- "We must always remember the gospel…
Being and Building Men for the Local Mission: Quotes from Darrin Patrick
Session 3, Darrin Patrick on "Being and Building Men for the Local Mission" —
- "When you become a leader of men, you plug your life into an ampiflier and everyone hears it."
- "There's nothing more destructive for people who are…
Lessons Learned from His Father: Quotes from Crawford Loritts
Session 2, Crawford Loritts on "Lessons Learned from His Father" —
- "Greatness is not pop or fad. Greatness has a staying power."
- "Manhood is not a private matter. It is a public thing. A man aspires to be the desired…
Leading the Home: Quotes from Doug Wilson
Session 1, Doug Wilson on "'Father Hunger' in Leading the Home" —
- "Begin with gospel, walk in the gospel, end with the gospel."
- "Fatherhood in the home and pastoral care in the church are analogous activities. This makes sense only…
This Week's Sermon: "Let's Be Rich Toward God"
Jesus tells us a story about a fool in Luke 12.
This fool was a rich man — a productive farmer who built big barns to store his increase. And there's nothing necessarily wrong with that. We need productive farmers…Continue Reading
Read Your Bible More and More
Don’t rest on past reading. Read your Bible more and more every year. Read it whether you feel like reading it or not. And pray without ceasing that the joy return and pleasures increase.
Three reasons this is not legalism:
Christianity Without Discipleship Is Christianity Without Christ
Discipleship means adherence to Christ, and, because Christ is the object of that adherence, it must take the form of discipleship.
An abstract Christology, a doctrinal system, a general religious knowledge on the subject of grace or on the forgiveness…