Matthew 24:12-14 gives us the juxtaposition of two surprising things:
- the love of many will grow cold (v. 12),
- and the gospel of the kingdom will be preached to all peoples (v. 14).
The end of the age will be…
Grace enters your life in three powerful forms. These aspects of God’s grace really do have the power to undo you and rebuild you once again. I will look at one in this post and the other two in a…Continue Reading
Burdensome. Sad. Relentless. Hopeless.
These words are attached to disability. And often they are used to "justify" aborting babies with disabilities.
The perceived low quality of life of the child and the unknown-but-assumed hardships that would be placed on the…Continue Reading
Confession of sin endears Christ to the soul. If I say I am a sinner, how precious will Christ's blood be to me! After Paul has confessed a body of sin, he breaks forth into a gratulatory triumph…
The 9/11 terrorists were governed by what they believed about their future. That’s the way it should be. But if the future you envision is wrong, you will be shocked when you die.
The terrorists believed that the instant they…Continue Reading
Two-minute video from John Piper:Continue Reading
With the tenth anniversary of 9/11 this Sunday, consider these resources from Pastor John:
- A Service of Sorrow, Self-Humbling, and Steady Hope in Our Savior and King, Jesus Christ
- Terrorism, Justice, and Loving Our Enemies
- How Shall We Minister to People…
C. S. Lewis's words from his classic essay “Learning in War-Time," written during World War II, captured some of the powerful effect 9/11 had on those of us living half a century later.
There is no question of death or…
In this video, Francis Chan shares about how he responds to unanswered prayer:
Other videos from Francis Chan —
- Do You Feel Distant from God?
- Francis Chan on Making Disciples and Knowing Christ
- Francis Chan's Question on Which Is Worse