Safe and Uncondemned for the Glory of God
It was almost nine years ago when Owen Shramek died. His parents, a young couple from Bethlehem Baptist Church, had moved to the Middle East to work as cross-cultural peacemakers. Owen was born at 24 weeks and the medical context reduced his chance of survival to 10 percent. He lived on this earth for only 20 minutes.
After Owen's parents flew back to the States for his burial, John Piper preached his funeral sermon and comforted his family with the truth of the Bible. Pastor John listed eight propositions about who Owen is and his legacy for the glory of God.
- Owen Shramek was and is a human being created in God's image.
- Owen Shramek was and is your son.
- Owen Shramek is safe and uncondemned in the presence of Jesus Christ.
- Owen Shramek was created to glorify God.
- The length of Owen Shramek's twenty-minute life on earth was virtually…