Life Changing Things I've Learned about Missions
1. God's passion for his reputation (Romans 15:9). Worship—not missions—is the ultimate goal of the church.
2. Our passion for joy and significance. (Acts 20:35) Points one and two are one.
3. The sovereignty of God securing triumph. (Matthew 24:14; 18:16; John 10:16)
4. Prayer as the power behind the word. (2 Thessalonians 3:1)
5. Life as war. A wartime mindset and wartime lifestyle. (1 Timothy 6:12; 2 Timothy 4:7f; Ephesians 6:12ff)
6. Suffering is the path to glory in missions and ministry. (Colossians 1:24; 2 Corinthians 4:7ff; Luke 21:12f)
7. Unreached peoples. Ralph Winter in 1974. The great imbalance. Romans 15:2ff; Revelation 5:9)
8. Domestic ministries vs. Frontier Missions. Missions is exporting domestic ministries.
9. Signs and wonders (Romans 15:18f) claiming Christ, admonishment to test and prove and refine the reality of faith and allegiance to Christ; and through that sense of approvedness to strengthen and deepen and intensify our hope.
©2015 Desiring God Foundation. Used by Permission.
Share the Joy!: You are permitted and encouraged to reproduce and distribute this material in physical form, in its entirety or in unaltered excerpts, as long as you do not charge a fee. For posting online, please use only unaltered excerpts (not the content in its entirety) and provide a hyperlink to this page. For videos, please embed from the original source. Any exceptions to the above must be approved by Desiring God.
Please include the following statement on any distributed copy: By John Piper. ©2015 Desiring God Foundation. Website: desiringGod.org