Panel Discussion - Piper, Driscoll, and Ferguson
This panel discussion featured Sinclair Ferguson, Mark Driscoll, and John Piper, with questions by Justin Taylor. Here's what was asked:
- Pastor John, anything in particular from Sinclair's message that stood out to you or convicted you?
- Sinclair, how did you come to believe the gospel?
- How do you avoid the extremes of either indulging in controvery or neglecting it to a fault?
- What have you learned, Mark, from those who have criticized you?
- Sinclair, how do you use the psalms to minister to your own soul?
- Pastor John, in Matt 12 Jesus says that people will have to give account on judgment day for every careless word they speak. How is that not massively discouraging?
- Mark, how do you counsel people from the cross?
- What alternative do people offer who are trying to get rid of the substitutionary atonement?
- Sinclair, can you say something about the importance of the doctrine of union with Christ? Any resources you recommend on this subject?
©2015 Desiring God Foundation. Used by Permission.
Share the Joy!: You are permitted and encouraged to reproduce and distribute this material in physical form, in its entirety or in unaltered excerpts, as long as you do not charge a fee. For posting online, please use only unaltered excerpts (not the content in its entirety) and provide a hyperlink to this page. For videos, please embed from the original source. Any exceptions to the above must be approved by Desiring God.
Please include the following statement on any distributed copy: By John Piper. ©2015 Desiring God Foundation. Website: desiringGod.org