Panel Discussion - Piper, Driscoll, and Ferguson
This panel discussion featured Sinclair Ferguson, Mark Driscoll, and John Piper, with questions by Justin Taylor. Here's what was asked:
- Pastor John, anything in particular from Sinclair's message that stood out to you or convicted you?
- Sinclair, how did you come to believe the gospel?
- How do you avoid the extremes of either indulging in controvery or neglecting it to a fault?
- What have you learned, Mark, from those who have criticized you?
- Sinclair, how do you use the psalms to minister to your own soul?
- Pastor John, in Matt 12 Jesus says that people will have to give account on judgment day for every careless word they speak. How is that not massively discouraging?
- Mark, how do you counsel people from the cross?
- What alternative do people offer who are trying to get rid of the substitutionary atonement?
- Sinclair, can you say something about the importance of the doctrine of union with Christ? Any resources you recommend on this subject?
©2013 Desiring God Foundation. Used by Permission.
Permissions: You are permitted and encouraged to reproduce and distribute this material in its entirety or in unaltered excerpts, as long as you do not charge a fee. For Internet posting, please use only unaltered excerpts (not the content in its entirety) and provide a hyperlink to this page. Any exceptions to the above must be approved by Desiring God.
Please include the following statement on any distributed copy: By John Piper. ©2013 Desiring God Foundation. Website: desiringGod.org