Ask Pastor John Live—November 2009, Part 3
The questions in this session are
- How do I boast only in Christ when applying for a job?
- Do Christians have permission to pray imprecatory prayers?
- What do you think of Christians taking antidepressants?
- Have you ever seen a vision or spoken in tongues?
- Why don't other elders preach at Bethlehem?
- If a person drinks or smokes, does that mean they're not a Christian?
- How does an intellectually struggling Christian deal with the seeming concrete differences between the Synoptic Gospels?
- Do you think our generation relies on extra-biblical literature too much?
- What happens to infants who die?
- If your pastor asked you not to talk about the doctrines of grace, what would you do?
- How important is it for preachers to preach Christ from every text of Scripture?
- What made it OK for God to kill women and children in the Old Testament?
- Do you accept "old earth" and evolution?
- What's the difference between confidence and presumption when it comes to taking risks for God?
- Can I go into missions without a college degree?
©2014 Desiring God Foundation. Used by Permission.
Permissions: You are permitted and encouraged to reproduce and distribute this material in physical form, in its entirety or in unaltered excerpts, as long as you do not charge a fee. For posting online, please use only unaltered excerpts (not the content in its entirety) and provide a hyperlink to this page. For videos, please embed from the original source. Any exceptions to the above must be approved by Desiring God.
Please include the following statement on any distributed copy: By John Piper. ©2014 Desiring God Foundation. Website: desiringGod.org