Ask Pastor John Live—November 2009, Part 3
The questions in this session are
- How do I boast only in Christ when applying for a job?
- Do Christians have permission to pray imprecatory prayers?
- What do you think of Christians taking antidepressants?
- Have you ever seen a vision or spoken in tongues?
- Why don't other elders preach at Bethlehem?
- If a person drinks or smokes, does that mean they're not a Christian?
- How does an intellectually struggling Christian deal with the seeming concrete differences between the Synoptic Gospels?
- Do you think our generation relies on extra-biblical literature too much?
- What happens to infants who die?
- If your pastor asked you not to talk about the doctrines of grace, what would you do?
- How important is it for preachers to preach Christ from every text of Scripture?
- What made it OK for God to kill women and children in the Old Testament?
- Do you accept "old earth" and evolution?
- What's the difference between confidence and presumption when it comes to taking risks for God?
- Can I go into missions without a college degree?
©2014 Desiring God Foundation. Used by Permission.
Permissions: You are permitted and encouraged to reproduce and distribute this material in its entirety or in unaltered excerpts, as long as you do not charge a fee. For Internet posting, please use only unaltered excerpts (not the content in its entirety) and provide a hyperlink to this page. Any exceptions to the above must be approved by Desiring God.
Please include the following statement on any distributed copy: By John Piper. ©2014 Desiring God Foundation. Website: desiringGod.org