Everyone wants a happily-ever-after, but few people are willing to give up sin and autonomy to get it. In this lab, Pastor John shows how it is our joyful duty to live for God’s glory.
Six Foundational Truths for Understanding the Good News of Christianity
1. God created us for his glory.
2. Therefore, it is our joyful duty to live for his glory.
3. All of us have failed to glorify God as we should.
4. Therefore, we are all dead in our sins and under God’s just condemnation.
5. God sent his Son to save sinners and bring them into his eternal joy.
6. All the benefits purchased through Christ’s death and resurrection are given to those united to him through faith.
- What kind of lifestyle leads to happiness? Do you know this by experience?
- Read Psalm 37:4 and Philippians 4:4. Based on these texts, what does it mean to love God?
- In this lab, Piper says that our joyful duty is to live for the glory of God. Do you view this duty as joyful? Why or why not?