Commending Christ, Q & A
Desiring God 2009 Conference for Pastors
Here are the questions that were asked during this session:
- Michael Oh, tell us more about Christ Bible Seminary.
- Mark Dever, define the gospel in 60 seconds or less.
- What do the other panelists think about Dever's admonition to preach the gospel in every sermon?
- Matt Chandler, please talk about the believers need to hear the gospel. Is the message to the unregenerate sheep the same as to the regenerate sheep.
- Is there ever a sense that if I've been remiss in personal evangelism someone's blood is on my hands?
- What are some motivations to evangelize?
- Mark, what's the place of specific methodologies in evangelism?
- Michael, can you talk about methodologies in Japan?
- Matt, what's the connection between the gospel that is always relevant and how we present it in a specific context.
- John, can you comment how pastors should advertise and promote their ministries.
- Mark, you say that if the gospel doesn't offend the unbeliever, it's not the gospel. Is there a right and wrong way to provoke when evangelizing.
- We want to live in a way that makes Christ look appealing. Is that a disposition or is it external things I do?
- John, what would you say to the pastor who says, "I can preach the gospel to hundreds, but I am paralyzed by fear when talking to one person."
© 2015 Desiring God Foundation. Distribution Guidelines
Share the Joy! You are permitted and encouraged to reproduce and distribute this material in physical form, in its entirety or in unaltered excerpts, as long as you do not charge a fee. For posting online, please use only unaltered excerpts (not the content in its entirety) and provide a hyperlink to this page. For videos, please embed from the original source. Any exceptions to the above must be approved by Desiring God.
Please include the following statement on any distributed copy: By John Piper. ©2015 Desiring God Foundation. Website: desiringGod.org