Being a “one issue voter” does not mean that only one issue matters. It means that some issues matter enough to disqualify a person from public office.
Beware of rendering too much to Caesar the way Pilate did (John 19:12). And when you render to Caesar do it only “for the Lord’s sake.”
We're not approaching a true understanding of the kingdom of God in this world if that means using more of the sword to authorize kingdom values.
The stakes of a president's moral life are high for the whole nation.
Our calling in this world is not to wait for the arrival of the perfect, but to pick our way through the thicket of flaws.
How should our thoughts on voting be affected by the age to come?
- Taking the Swagger Out of Christian Cultural Influence (Taste & See Articles)
- The Social Panorama of Our Day (with Portuguese Interpretation) (Conference Messages)
- If Christ Predicted War, May Christians Pray for Peace? (Taste & See Articles)
- The Uncertainties of War and the Hope of History (Taste & See Articles)
- A Service of Sorrow, Self-Humbling, and Steady Hope in Our Savior and King, Jesus Christ (Sermons)
- Where Is God? (Sermons)
- When Is It Right to Repay Evil with Pain? (Sermons)
- The Pleasure of God in Public Justice (Sermons)