The possibilities of joyful service are too great to let yourself be paralyzed by the past.
Human hearts are hard to change, but don't forget the Holy Spirit.
Practically speaking, how do I obey God so that it is “not I but Christ in me”?
Is there any point to exercising self-denial for the sake of distant soldiers?
A collection of verses that identify how God would have us grow.
How do we not resist imperfections when the Bible says, “Be perfect as your heavenly Father is perfect”?
There is a precious experience of peace and assurance in the Christian life that is not unconditional.
The person who pleases God makes a covenant, knowing that it may hurt to keep it, but does not change.
Christianity means that deep, fundamental change is possible, no matter your background.
Your agonizing, unplanned detour is not a waste—not if you look to the Lord for his unexpected work, and do what you must do in his name.
Can we deserve or earn anything good from God? If not, then what does it mean to be worthy of him?
Break free from the epidemic of the manward spirit of our age, and set yourself to live in the light of the Lord.
Sometimes we are prepared to see what we see and sometimes our minds have to be changed before we can accept reality.
There is no place for despair in the Christian life. To be out of the pit of hell is to be on the ground of mercy.
The answer is not simple. Some Biblical texts seem to say no. Others, yes.
If God is sovereign, we are secure no matter how perilous it is to obey him.
Let the horror you've been rescued from and the mercy you live in make you humble, thankful, patient, kind, and forgiving.
Consider three criteria for deciding when to love others with mercy and when to love them with justice.
What does Mac vs. PC have to do with spiritual-mindedness? Seventeen practical ways to align your attitude with God's.
Truth is important, but there is more to godliness than knowing about God.
It's always good to resolve to do good if we're resolving through faith.
We conquer sin when we are satisfied in what God promises to do for us.
- Who Is This Divided Man? Part 1 (Sermons)
- Who Is This Divided Man? Part 2 (Sermons)
- The Importance of Knowing Our Sin (Sermons)
- The Deadly Team of Sin and Law (Sermons)
- Don't Go Back from Sonship to Slavery (Sermons)
- Why False Doctrine Can Make You Happy (Ask Pastor John)
- Acting the Miracle in the Everyday: Word of God, Means of Grace, and the Practical Pursuit of Maturity (Conference Messages)
- The Christian Spiritual Disciplines (Theology Refresh)
- Devote Yourselves to Prayer (Sermons)
- Learning to Pray in the Spirit and the Word, Part 1 (Sermons)
- I Will Meditate on All Your Work and Muse on Your Deeds (Sermons)
- Building Our Lives on the Bible (Sermons)
- How Justified Sinners Love Each Other (Sermons)
- Justified to Break the Power of Sin (Sermons)
- Dead to the Law, Serving in the Spirit, Part 3 (Sermons)
- Doing Mercy to the Brothers of Jesus and the Broken Neighbor (Sermons)
- Do Not Let Sin Reign in Your Mortal Body, Part 1 (Sermons)
- Do Not Let Sin Reign in Your Mortal Body, Part 2 (Sermons)
- Are We to Continue in Sin That Grace Might Increase? (Sermons)
- United with Christ in Death and Life, Part 1 (Sermons)