Seven ways to prepare yourself and others for commemorating the death of Christ.
The root reason for why the cross is folly to the world is that it means the end of human self-exaltation.
There was a kind of God-forsakenness on the cross, but the abandonment was not final.
Christ's death on the cross was emotionally and theologically complex, to the greater glory of God.
Don't follow a defeated foe; follow Christ. You will be an exile in this age, but you will be free.
Satan’s accusations have no condemning power--nor his temptations any corrupting power--against those delivered through the death of Christ.
What Jesus accomplished when he died is not a mere academic dispute. Our present peace and our eternal life hangs on this work of Christ.
5 ways of seeing Christ’s intentionality in dying for us.
- Seeing and Savoring Jesus Christ for the Sake of Making Him Known (Sermons)
- The All-Conquering Love of Christ (Sermons)
- Pity Not Them Who Rise With Christ (Sermons)
- The Risen Christ: Satisfied with His Suffering (Sermons)
- How Justified Sinners Love Each Other (Sermons)
- Justified to Break the Power of Sin (Sermons)
- The Greatest Thing in the World: An Overview of Romans 1-7 (Sermons)
- The Mighty and Merciful Message of Romans 1-8 (Sermons)
- The Word Was Made Flesh (Sermons)
- From Little Bethlehem Will Come a Ruler in Israel (Sermons)