We don't need to feel lovable, because we aren't. Grace for the unlovable is the gospel.
We need joyful, breathless news-bringers, not just intelligent news commentators.
Paul did not reinterpret the Scriptures. He only drew out what was taught in the Law and the Prophets.
The reason being saved is the greatest experience in the world is because God is the greatest Person in the world.
There is nothing in itself that makes "forgiveness of sins" or justification good news. The gospel is more than that.
- How Justified Sinners Love Each Other (Sermons)
- Justified to Break the Power of Sin (Sermons)
- Lady Choice (Poems)
- Five Points (Books)
- Christ Crucified, Our Boast (Sermons)
- What the Law Could Not Do, God Did Sending Christ, Part 1 (Sermons)
- Let All the Peoples Praise Him (Sermons)
- The Lord Stood By Me . . . That All the Nations Might Hear (Sermons)
- Breaking Nets, Sinking Boats and Saving Men (Sermons)
- What Is Evangelistic Sacramentalism? (Ask Pastor John)