When we give in to temptation is that ultimately self-determination or God's sovereign will?
God's mercy and sovereignty are the twin pillars of the Christian life.
God is not nearly so impressed with our late nights and early mornings as he is with the peaceful trust that casts all anxieties on him and sleeps.
What fools God makes of men who strive against their Maker!
Denying God's control over evil does not bring the healing it purports to.
If God wants everyone to be saved, why does he choose that some won't be?
God is not a passive participant in a world that exists without his sustaining it. Wherever he is looking, he is acting.
Sometimes God ordains that sin continue for holy and just reasons, which is not sin on his part.
God wants us to use means to get his work done, but he wants us to trust in him, not in these means.
We must respond to suffering with both compassion and confidence in God.
John Piper responds to the idea that God is not supreme over tragedies.
Thoughts on G.K. Chesterton and Orthodoxy.
Consider the mystery that the entire universe and all the events in it serve to glorify Jesus Christ.
How was it loving for God to create the world, if he foreknew the horrors that would come upon it?
What does the USAir crash have to do with the inauguration?
God's sovereignty is a rock of confidence and comfort for those who are in Christ.
- God Does Not Repent Like a Man (Taste & See Articles)
- We Took a Good Stand and Made a Bad Mistake (Taste & See Articles)
- The Deep Riches and Wisdom and Knowledge of God (Sermons)
- All Things Are from God, Through God, and to God. The Glory Is All His (Sermons)
- Foreknown, Predestined, Conformed to Christ (Sermons)
- Unconditional Election and the Invincible Purpose of God (Sermons)
- Whence and Why the Earthquake in Turkey? (Taste & See Articles)
- Tsunami, Sovereignty, and Mercy (Taste & See Articles)
- Lady Choice (Poems)
- Five Points (Books)
- It's My Pleasure! (Sermons)
- The Blazing Center, Part 6 (Conference Messages)