"One of the reasons I believe the Bible and love the Bible is because it deals with the hardest issues in life. It doesn’t sweep painful things under the rug — or complex things or confusing things or provoking things or shocking things or controversial things" (p. 7).
|Free EPUB (iBooks, Nook)||Download|
|Free MOBI (Kindle)||Download|
About the BookDisabilities break into life in various forms: as the product of genetic misalignments in the womb, as the result of tragic and regrettable accidents, as the byproducts of infectious disease, and from the degenerative effects of old age. They affect joints, bones, nervous systems, lungs, hearts, and brains. And even in the United States — a country that leads the world in medical innovation and technology — roughly 20% of its citizens live with a disability.
No church is immune. This means every church leader must be prepared to answer very hard questions about the goodness and sovereignty of God.
Does God have a good design in my disability?
To this hard question God is not silent. But if we're to hear his answer, we must submit our hearts to his word. Looking at what the Bible says is the aim of this collection of resources from pastor John Piper.
This ebook — including four sermons and an interview with a man of a disabled son — focuses on John 5:1–18 and John 9:1–38 and is designed to serve pastors who will be called on to minister God’s Word to God’s people at decisive points in their lives. The question is not if disabilities will surface in your church, the question is how you will respond when they do? At that decisive moment, what will you say?
An EPUB file is formatted for readers like the Nook, Sony Reader, and Apple iBooks (iPad, iPhone, iPod). A MOBI file is formatted for Kindle applications (this option works well on some mobile devices, and not so well on others).
Table of Contents
1. John 9:1-38
2. Why Was This Child Born Blind? (John 9:1-23)
3. The Works of God and the Worship of Jesus (John 9:1-38)
4. One Father’s Journey to Understand God’s Good Design for His Disabled Son: John Piper Interviews John Knight
5. Born Blind for the Glory of God: Eugenics by Abortion Is an Abomination to God (John 9:1-7)
6. Healed for the Sake of Holiness (John 5:1-18)
- Suffering and the Sovereignty of God (book)
- Ten Aspects of God's Sovereignty Over Suffering and Satan's Hand in It (conference message)
- The Suffering of Christ and the Sovereignty of God (conference message)