“The supreme demonstration of God’s love was the sending of his Son to die for our sins and to rise again so that sinners might have the right to approach God and might have the pleasure of his presence forever” (p. 14).
|Hardcover||Buy on Amazon|
|Paperback||Buy on Amazon|
|Kindle||Buy on Amazon|
About the Book
This book is a plea that God himself, as revealed most clearly and fully in Jesus’s death and resurrection, be seen and enjoyed as the final and greatest gift of the gospel.
The gospel of Jesus and his many precious blessings are not ultimately what makes the good news good, but means of seeing and savoring the Savior himself. Forgiveness is good because it opens the way to enjoying God himself. Justification is good because it wins access to the presence and pleasure of God himself. Eternal life is good because it becomes the everlasting enjoyment of Jesus.
All God’s good gifts are loving to the degree that they lead us to God himself. This is the love of God: doing everything necessary, most painfully in the death of his Son, to enthrall us with what is most deeply and durably satisfying—namely, himself.
Hardcover 2005; Paperback 2011
Crossway Books (Wheaton, Illinois)
Table of Contents
Introduction: What the World Needs Most— The Gospel’s Greatest Gift, God
The Gospel—Proclamation and Explanation
2. The Gospel—The Biblical Scope of Its Meaning
3. The Gospel—“Behold Your God!”
4. The Gospel—The Glory of Christ, the Image of God
5. The Gospel—Confirmed by Its Glory, the Internal Testimony of the Holy Spirit
6. The Gospel—The Glory of Christ in Evangelism, Missions, and Sanctification
7. The Gospel—The Glory of the Gladness of God
8. The Gospel—The Glory of Christ as the Ground of Christ-Exalting Contrition
9. The Gospel—The Gift of God Himself over and in All His Saving and Painful Gifts
10. The Gospel—The Gift of God Himself over and in All His Pleasant Gifts
11. The Gospel—What Makes It Ultimately Good: Seeing Glory or Being Glorious?
Conclusion: God Is the Gospel—Now Let Us Sacrifice and Sing
Publisher: Al Kalima
Publisher: Christian Arts Press
Publisher: In Lumine
Publisher: Literature of SE Asia
Publisher: Korea Inter-Varsity Press
Publisher: Editura Faclia
Publisher: In Lumine