"Preparing well for marriage means asking each other all the hard questions" (p. 1).
|Free EPUB (iBooks, Nook)||Download|
|Free MOBI (Kindle)||Download|
About the Book
Getting to know that special someone includes learning about family and friends and schooling and athletics, favorite pastimes, books, movies, life’s best moments and worst, the brightest places in our background and the darkest.
But what about theology? Ever think to ask about that?
At Desiring God, one of our most accessed pages online is a set of questions John Piper put together for couples preparing for marriage (chapter 1 in this eBook). There is some of the typical stuff—like friends and entertainment and lifestyle and children—but many have found that John’s way of putting the question helps get right at some pretty deep stuff.
And then there’s the questions about theology, worship and devotion, and the roles of husband and wife—questions that far too many couples don’t think to ask. When preparing for marriage, or even in just beginning to consider it, it is of immense help to have the perspective not only of a seasoned husband of over 40 years, but also a seasoned pastor and theologian. .
Table of Contents
Editor’s Preface by David Mathis
1. Questions to Ask When Preparing for Marriage
2. The Surpassing Goal: Marriage Lived for the Glory of God
3. Sexual Relations in Marriage
4. Marriage, Singleness, and the Christian Virtue of Hospitality
- The Slow Fires of Misery: Enduring the Pain of a Flawed Marriage (article)
- Marriage: Is it only Forgive and Forbear, or also Confront? (article)
- This Momentary Marriage (book)
- The Trouble with Focusing Too Much on Your Marriage (blog post)
- Marriage Lived to the Glory of God (conference message)
- Marriage, Christ, and Covenant: One Flesh for the Glory of God (sermon series)
- The Story of Ian & Larissa (video)