“So take heed how you hear! Hear with spiritual ears, not just the ears on your head. And hear with an honest and good heart, not a deceptive and evil heart” (p. 12).
|Free EPUB (iBooks, Nook)||Download|
|Free MOBI (Kindle)||Download|
About the Book
Skillful listening is a non-negotiable skill for everyone who enters a church building on Sunday or plays a sermon through headphones during the week. Scripture calls us not only to consider carefully what sermons we listen to, but also how we listen to those sermons.
It is very easy to slip into what Scripture calls “dullness of hearing,” to hear the weekly sermons without faith, and to see little or no moral fruit in our lives as a result. As Jesus makes clear, ultimately it is how we hear that reveals who we are (John 8:43, 47, 10:4, 27).
Take Care How You Listen is an ebook on listening well. It is comprised of five unedited sermon manuscripts from the preaching ministry of Pastor John. We pray this resource will serve your personal reflection as you heed Jesus’ command to “take care how you listen” (Luke 8:18).
An EPUB file is formatted for readers like the Nook, Sony Reader, and Apple iBooks (iPad, iPhone, iPod). A MOBI file is formatted for Kindle applications (this option works well on some mobile devices, and not so well on others).
Table of Contents
Editor’s Preface by Tony Reinke
1. Take Care How You Listen! (Part 1)
2. Take Care How You Listen! (Part 2) Luke 8:4–18
3. Satan Takes the Word Away Mark 4:1–20
4. The Danger of Drifting from the Word Hebrews 2:1–4
5. By This Time You Ought to be Teachers Hebrews 5:11–14
- Take Heed How You Hear! (article)
- How to Hear the Word of God (blog post)
- The Word of God Abides in You, and You Have Overcome the Evil One (sermon)