You may have never heard of Nazareth, and this young girl may be poor and obscure, but don't judge by merely human outward appearances. Her son is going to be great.
All the mammoth political forces and all the giant industrial complexes, without their even knowing it, are being guided by God, not for their own sake but for the sake of God's little people—the little Mary and the little Joseph who have to be got from Nazareth to Bethlehem.
The meaning of Christmas is that what is good and precious in your life need never be lost, and what is evil and undesirable in your life can be changed.
- Seeing and Savoring Jesus Christ for the Sake of Making Him Known (Sermons)
- The All-Conquering Love of Christ (Sermons)
- The Spirit Helps Us in Our Weakness, Part 1 (Sermons)
- The Trinitarian Shape of Jonathan Edwards' Theology: An Interview with Michael McClymond (Authors On The Line)
- Jesus Declares His Kingship (Sermons)
- My Abandoned Life for Your Abundant Life (Sermons)