Fuller Theological Seminary
God is the one Being in all the universe for whom seeking his own praise is the ultimately loving act. For him self-exaltation is the highest virtue.
The point of Hosea is that God exalts his mercy by not giving up on his promiscuous wife.
Contained in the name Yahweh is the first and most important truth about God: he exists.
The omnipotence of God means reverence, recompense, and refuge, for his covenant people.
At the end of every road is God. You will meet him as light and life or as fire and torment.
God responds with
terrible wrath against those whose hearts should belong to him but go
after other things.
In the Lord's prayer, Jesus teaches that the first priority in praying is to ask that our heavenly Father's name be hallowed.
God's first love is his name and not his people. And because it is, there is hope for his sinful people.
Those who know God as Father should honor their majestic Father.
God is more powerful than
all the gods and he is more powerful than all the nations. On God's side you cannot lose.
God is one, and everyone he justifies is justified in the same way. Therefore he is God not only over the Jews but over all peoples.
Do you love the thought that you exist to make God look good?
What is God's glory, and what is its role throughout the book of Romans?
The glory of God is unique because of the lowly ways he chooses to show it.
The Sovereignty of God
The Love of God
The Grace of God
The Wrath of God
Life of Worship
The Holiness of God
- God Created Us for His Glory (Sermons)
- Sky Talk (Sermons)
- I Am the Lord, and Besides Me There Is No Savior (Sermons)
- If the Lord Wills (Sermons)
- Thankful for the Love of God! Why? (Sermons)
- God Did Not Spare His Own Son (Sermons)
- The Triumph of Grace through Righteousness (Sermons)
- Free from Sin, Slaves of Righteousness, Part 2 (Sermons)
- God's Wrath: "Vengeance Is Mine, I Will Repay," Says the Lord (Sermons)
- The Present Effects of Trembling at the Wrath of God (Sermons)
- Present Your Bodies As a Living Sacrifice to God (Sermons)
- Pizza! Pizza! Lewis at Little Caesars (Conference Messages)
- It's My Pleasure! (Sermons)
- The Blazing Center, Part 6 (Conference Messages)
- The Holiness of God, Our Sin, and the Love of Jesus (Sermons)
- Holy, Holy, Holy Is the Lord of Hosts (Sermons)