Saint Francis left a legacy of delight and gratitude to God.
One reason we settle for such ordinary “soap opera” lives is because we have no heroes.
Baptists owe a lot to Zwingli when it comes to our doctrine of the Lord’s Supper.
A mind is not wasted when it is fully applied to the greatest challenge in the world.
A brief sketch on the life of Ralph Winter and his work with world missions.
John Piper quotes Spurgeon on how he came to believe in God's sovereign grace.
John Piper shares the surprising source of Spurgeon's first lessons in theology.
Joseph Alleine's life and writing was a true model of Puritan evangelism.
What sort of man was Martin Lloyd-Jones?
What kept William Carey going in the midst of great trial and loss?
It is worth noting that men of Edwards’ and Lloyd-Jones’ stature wrote and spoke so extensively about revival.
The life of David Brainerd is a bright testimony to the long-suffering, severe mercy of God.
Not many leaders today state the goals of their lives in terms of holiness.
The Bible, for Calvin, was above all a witness of God to the majesty of God. This led inevitably to what is the heart of Calvinism.
Find hope in the history of God's grace to help you live your life for his glory.
George Mueller's life is a testimony to the surpassing power that belongs to God and not to us.
Don't belittle God’s crooked sticks. With them he may write the message that makes a thousand people glad.
The hardships in Lincoln's life drove him toward God, not away from him.
- The Value of Learning History (Taste & See Articles)
- Viewing History (Articles)
- Jonathan Edwards on the Pilgrim Mindset (Taste & See Articles)
- A God-Entranced Vision of All Things: Why We Need Jonathan Edwards 300 Years Later (Conference Messages)
- In the Pits with a King (Sermons)
- The Education of a Prophet: Jonah (Sermons)
- A Pastor and His Poetry (Conference Messages)
- Special Episode: Explain Your New Poem “Grace Forfeited” (Ask Pastor John)