Fasting fosters humility, and humility positions us for the Father's blessing.
Four reasons why Christians want to fast.
The absence of fasting probably means the absence of deep longings for God’s power. And the absence of deep longing is one reason he waits to bless us.
- Devote Yourselves to Prayer (Sermons)
- Learning to Pray in the Spirit and the Word, Part 1 (Sermons)
- I Will Meditate on All Your Work and Muse on Your Deeds (Sermons)
- Building Our Lives on the Bible (Sermons)
- Acting the Miracle in the Everyday: Word of God, Means of Grace, and the Practical Pursuit of Maturity (Conference Messages)
- The Christian Spiritual Disciplines (Theology Refresh)