The Prolife movement is alive and well. For example:
- The Freedom of Choice Act is stalled, and not sailing through Congress as many thought it would.
- The House of Representatives said a resounding no to federally funded abortions.
- Fewer and fewer medical schools are teaching the grizzly procedure.
- More and more doctors are refusing to be used by the abortion industry.
- Planned Parenthood is spending millions to attract new medical recruits—with difficulty.
- Prolife organizations are matching these efforts with more and more places of love and rescue for mothers and children.
- Billboards of truth about life are more and more frequent around here because of Pro Life Minnesota and MCCL.
- The only pro life candidate for Mayor of Minneapolis (John Derus) defeated the entire field but one and entered the final race.
- The pain and trauma of taking a child’s life is coming in for more and more focus among women who experience post-abortion misery.
- The militant abortion defenders are revealing themselves as fringe groups that do not represent the American mainstream, while Operation Rescue more and more is seen as more credible than all the media hype made them out to be.
- Faithful pro life ministries press on undaunted to keep reminding us that the unborn are human beings and the slaughter is just that: slaughter of humans created in God’s image.
Would you like to take part of a Sunday afternoon and have a part in this ongoing movement for truth and justice and love? Last year several thousand of us made a chain of people standing on the side of University Avenue holding signs that said, “Abortion Kills Children” or “Choose Life”. The aim was to simply tell the truth for an hour to some thousands of people who might not otherwise have heard it.
This year the stress is more heavily on praying as we stand there. I believe with all my heart that when the history of the end of abortion in America is written the historians will say that the battle was won not by any person or ministry, but by thousands and thousands of acts of faithfulness in speaking the truth over and over again until it became irresistible in its rightness.
I urge you to be a part of that rising tide of truth-telling and prayer. Over 600 cities are planning life chains on October 3. You will be a part of something significant. Do you have an alternative plan to do something for the children who cannot speak for themselves?
When: Sunday, October 3
Where: University Avenue from Central Ave., Minneapolis (we hope) to the state capitol. To get signs and instructions meet in the parking lot of University Avenue S.E. between 2nd and 3rd Avenues (one block from Central).
- 1:30-2:00 pm Pre-chain inspiration and explanation
- 2:00-2:30 pm Life chain participants move to positions
- 2:30-3:00 pm Hold signs and pray (There will also be a prayer vigil at the
Midwest Health Center for Women following the Life Chain if you can come.)
Standing with you for the truth and for children,