God is about to change the course of all human history; the most important three decades in all of time are about to begin. And where is God? Occupying himself with two obscure, humble women—one old and barren, one young and virginal.
Our love for one another should make us eager to help one another get to God.
Take worship seriously. None of us knows when it will be our last day in the house of the Lord.
Anything that helps you express your heart for God and does not hinder other people is good.
Our English word "hosanna" comes from a Greek word "hosanna" which comes from a Hebrew phrase hoshiya na.
If worship were optional Paul and Silas would not have been singing with bloody backs in the Philippian dungeon at midnight.
We can be silent before majesty either because of its beauty or because of our blindness.
Will there ever be revival in a place where everything is aimed at cultivating a light and pleasant spirit?
To grow up into the fullness of the stature of Christ includes emotional transformation.
Ten observations on musical style in the church.
We are a singing people because we are the children of a singing God.
Ten reasons to set aside a Friday night each month for corporate worship.
You are always in a temple—your body. Therefore, always worship.
10 practical preparations for hearing the word of God on Sunday morning.
Learn from David what to do in a brokenhearted, terrifying moment: Worship.
God loves us by commanding us to praise him, because we won't be happy until we give it.
- The Deep Riches and Wisdom and Knowledge of God (Sermons)
- All Things Are from God, Through God, and to God. The Glory Is All His (Sermons)
- Free from Sin, Slaves of Righteousness, Part 1 (Sermons)
- Slaves to God, Sanctification, Eternal Life (Sermons)
- Acting the Miracle in the Everyday: Word of God, Means of Grace, and the Practical Pursuit of Maturity (Conference Messages)
- The Christian Spiritual Disciplines (Theology Refresh)
- Blessed Are the Poor in Spirit Who Mourn (Sermons)
- For His Sake and for Your Joy, Go Low (Sermons)
- God's Purpose Stands (Taste & See Articles)
- A Song from Romans 12:7-8 (Articles)