In this lab, Pastor John reminds us that it would be better to be born at the base of an erupting volcano than to be born spiritually dead.
Six Foundational Truths for Understanding the Good News of Christianity
1. God created us for his glory.
2. Therefore, it is our joyful duty to live for his glory.
3. All of us have failed to glorify God as we should.
4. Therefore, we are all dead in our sins and under God’s just condemnation.
5. God sent his Son to save sinners and bring them into his eternal joy.
6. All the benefits purchased through Christ’s death and resurrection are given to those united to him through faith.
- What are five characteristics of a dead person?
- What does it mean that we are born dead in our trespasses and sins (Ephesians 2:1)? How do you know if you are still dead?
- Examine your life. Are you alive or still spiritually dead?