The newest Theology Refresh features a discussion with Ray Ortlund on the doctrine of union with Christ.
As one writer explains, "Union with Christ is theological shorthand for the gospel itself — a key image that pulls together numerous motifs in the biblical witness" (J. Todd Billings, Union with Christ). It's perhaps the least likely of all doctrines to stifle in the abstract. Saturating the writings of Paul, union with Christ changes everything in how we conceive of ourselves and minister to others.
To listen, subscribe to Theology Refresh in iTunes, or download or stream the interview above.
Recommended resources on union with Christ:
- Circle of Strength, by Raymond Ortlund, Sr.
- Saved by Grace, Anthony Hoekema
- Doctrine of the Christian Life, Sinclair Ferguson
- Union with Christ: Reframing Theology and Ministry for the Church, J. Todd Billings
- Union with Christ: In Scripture, History, and Theology, Robert Letham