Pastor, Bethlehem Baptist Church, Minneapolis, MN
720 13th Ave South
Minneapolis, MN 55415
Present Position (since 2013)
Founder and Teacher, www.desiringGod.org
Chancellor, Bethlehem College and Seminary
Previous Employment (1980-2013)
Pastor for Preaching and Vision, Bethlehem Baptist Church
Wade Hampton High School
Greenville, SC; Diploma, 1964
Wheaton, IL; B.A. 1968
Fuller Theological Seminary
Pasadena, CA; B.D. 1971
University of Munich
Munich, West Germany; Dr. theol. 1974
John Piper is the author of the following books:
- Love Your Enemies: Jesus' Love Command in the Synoptic Gospels and the Early Christian Paraenesis (Cambridge University Press, 1980; Baker, 1991).
- The Justification of God: An Exegetical and Theological Study of Romans 9:1-23 (Baker, 1983; 2nd edition 1993).
- Desiring God: Meditations of a Christian Hedonist (Multnomah, 1986; 2nd edition, 1996; 3rd edition, 2003; revised edition, 2011; 25th anniversary edition, 2011).
- The Supremacy of God in Preaching (Baker, 1990; 2nd edition, 2003).
- The Pleasures of God (Multnomah, 1991; Expanded edition, 2000).
- Recovering Biblical Manhood and Womanhood (Co-editor) (Crossway, 1991; 2nd edition, 2006 ).
- Let the Nations Be Glad! The Supremacy of God in Missions (Baker, 1993; 2nd Edition, 2003; 3rd edition, 2010).
- The Purifying Power of Living By Faith In Future Grace (Multnomah, 1995).
- A Hunger for God: Desiring God Through Fasting and Prayer (Crossway, 1997).
- A Godward Life: Savoring the Supremacy of God in All of Life (Multnomah, 1997).
- God's Passion for His Glory: Living the Vision of Jonathan Edwards (Crossway, 1998).
- The Innkeeper (Crossway, 1998).
- A Godward Life, Book Two: Savoring the Supremacy of God in All of Life (Multnomah, 1999).
- The Legacy of Sovereign Joy (Crossway, 2000).
- The Hidden Smile of God (Crossway, 2001).
- Seeing and Savoring Jesus Christ (Crossway, 2001, 2nd edition, 2004).
- The Dangerous Duty of Delight (Multnomah, 2001).
- The Misery of Job and the Mercy of God (Crossway, 2002).
- Brothers, We Are not Professionals: A Plea to Pastors for Radical Ministry (Broadman & Holman Publishers, 2002).
- The Roots of Endurance: Invincible Perseverance in the Lives of John Newton, Charles Simeon, and William Wilberforce (Crossway, 2002).
- Counted Righteous in Christ: Should We Abandon the Imputation of Christ's Righteousness? (Crossway, 2002).
- Beyond the Bounds (Co-editor; Crossway, 2003).
- Don't Waste Your Life (Crossway, 2003).
- Pierced By the Word (Multnomah, 2003).
- The Prodigal's Sister (Crossway, 2003).
- The Passion of Jesus Christ (Crossway, 2004).
- When I Don't Desire God: How to Fight for Joy (Crossway, 2004).
- Life As a Vapor (Multnomah, 2004).
- A God Entranced Vision of All Things (Co-editor; Crossway, 2004).
- Sex and the Supremacy of Christ (Co-editor; Crossway, 2005).
- Taste and See (Multnomah, 2005).
- God is the Gospel (Crossway, 2005).
- Contending for Our All (Crossway, 2006).
- What's the Difference (Crossway, 2001, reprint 2008).
- Fifty Reasons Why Jesus Came to Die (Crossway, 2006).
- Suffering and the Sovereignty of God (Crossway, 2006).
- What Jesus Demands of the World (Crossway, 2006).
- When the Darkness Will Not Lift (Crossway, 2006).
- Amazing Grace in the Life of William Wilberforce (Crossway, 2007).
- The Supremacy of Christ in a Postmodern World (Co-editor; Crossway, 2007).
- The Future of Justification (Crossway, 2007).
- Spectacular Sins: And Their Global Purpose for the Glory of Christ (Crossway, 2008).
- John Calvin and His Passion for the Majesty of God (Crossway, 2008).
- The Hidden Smile of God: The Fruit of Affliction in the Lives of John Bunyan, William Cowper, and David Brainerd (Crossway, 2008).
- Finally Alive (Christian Focus, 2009).
- This Momentary Marriage: A Parable of Permanence (Crossway, 2009).
- Filling Up the Afflictions of Christ: The Cost of Bringing the Gospel to the Nations in the Lives of William Tyndale, Adoniram Judson, and John Paton (Crossway, 2009).
- A Sweet and Bitter Providence: Sex, Race, and the Sovereignty of God (Crossway 2010).
- Jesus: The Only Way to God: Must You Hear the Gospel to be Saved? (Baker, 2010).
- Think: The Life of the Mind and the Love of God (Crossway, 2010).
- The Gadarene (Desiring God, 2010).
- The Pastor as Scholar and the Scholar as Pastor (Crossway, 2011).