About 300 of you have read at least parts of The Church Unleashed by Frank Tillapaugh. For ten weeks our Sunday School classes discussed his ideas. About 150 of you came to his seminar last Friday and Saturday. Even more have heard his radio spot on KTIS weekday mornings. Now what?
- “When I heard these words I sat down and wept, and mourned for days; and I continued fasting and praying before the God of heaven” (Nehemiah 1:4). Ministries are born in broken hearts. May God do this in some of us.
- Last Tuesday the deacons met in special session to discuss the Interim Report of the Long Range Planning Committee. It lays out clusters of options concerning how we might handle the growth God is bringing. The Tillapaugh discussions have a direct bearing on the advisability of these options.
- As the deacons disseminate the growth possibilities and solicit congregational input, groups can brainstorm and mull over the possibilities that lie before us, and make suggestions.
- We can ponder the implications of the unleashed church for the governance structure (constitution) of our church. Does the electing of 130+ people each year to 25+ boards, committees and offices really poise us for powerful frontal attacks on the enemy territory? Or does it promote rear echelon busywork?
- We can press on in the pursuit of cultivating our own future ministerial leadership who are in tune with the philosophy of ministry that guides our life.
- Hold the course and stoke the engines.
Dedicated to the boiler room
for the sake of the ship
the sinking and
the distant shore!
©2015 Desiring God Foundation. Used by Permission.
Share the Joy! You are permitted and encouraged to reproduce and distribute this material in physical form, in its entirety or in unaltered excerpts, as long as you do not charge a fee. For posting online, please use only unaltered excerpts (not the content in its entirety) and provide a hyperlink to this page. For videos, please embed from the original source. Any exceptions to the above must be approved by Desiring God.
Please include the following statement on any distributed copy: By John Piper. ©2015 Desiring God Foundation. Website: desiringGod.org