Kevin DeYoung on the Doctrine of Scripture
[Subscribe to the podcast through iTunes]
"The doctrine of Scripture is rooted in a triune God who wants to be known and knows how to be known," explains Kevin DeYoung in the latest episode of Theology Refresh. This podcast for Christian leaders, led by David Mathis, is aimed at short segments keying on the most vital biblical doctrines.
Today's focus features the "nuts and bolts" of what Scripture is, including the four main attributes of sufficiency, clarity, authority, and necessity, and a concluding exhortation for pastors.
Stream or download this 15-minute podcast.
Recommended resources on Scripture:
- "Fundamentalism" and the Word of God, J. I. Packer
- Truth and Power, J. I. Packer
- The Doctrine of the Word of God, John Frame
- 40 Questions About Interpreting the Bible, Robert Plummer
- An Introduction to the New Testament, D. A. Carson and Douglas Moo
- Introducing the New Testament: A Short Guide to Its History and Message, ed. Andy Naselli
- An Introduction to the Old Testament, Tremper Longman and Raymond Dillard
Sign up to receive a daily digest of the Desiring God Blog.